Carnegie Mellon University - Design, Early Action
Pratt Institute - Communication Design, Early Action, Scholarship $100,800
Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) - Communication Design, Early Action, Scholarship $96,000
School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) - Communication Design, Early Action, Scholarship $75,600
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) - Communication Design, Early Action, Scholarship $32,000
Sojung P. (Centreville HS, 2021)
Carnegie Mellon University
1. How do you feel about your college acceptance?
I feel both happy and relieved now that I don’t have to worry about applying for colleges.
2. What was the most difficult aspect of your portfolio preparation?
The amount of time I had to invest into my portfolio. I think it was a little easier than normal because there wasn’t much to do this summer. That allowed me extra time to focus on making my portfolio. For example, if COVID wasn’t an issue some people would spend their summer on vacation, meeting friends, etc.
3. When did you start the portfolio class, and how did you prepare your portfolio?
I started the portfolio class during my freshman year, but prepared most of my portfolio the summer before senior year.
4. What is your favorite artwork that you made?
My graphic design pieces!
5. When choosing a college how did you decide on where to apply?
I was interested in a school with a program that focused on academics and art, as well as a school community that wasn’t limited to just art students.
6. Do you have any advice for the new portfolio students?
I think it’s important to persevere through everything because it’s better to not have any regrets about your portfolio.
7. Tell us your thoughts about the ISA!
I’ve been attending for a really long time, and there isn’t a better place to develop a portfolio because of the amount of resources ISA provides, such as lessons with professors and figure drawing classes.